It is only a strip on the side but a visible one against the much larger green part of the flag. But it is almost invisible in our cities. In terms of percentages,the Muslim majority is nearly 96.28 per cent,while in the rest of the 3.72 per cent,we have 1.59 per cent . . . →Read More:Our flag is not all green
In Pakistan,news of murder is no news. Tell us how many died and we’ll decide whether or not to mourn it in our own special way. Different murders merit different reactions. That the premeditated killing of another human being contravenes every law on this planet,is for the larger part,remembered selectively. As are . . . →Read More:Insights on selective mourning
Despite years of establishment support,the MQM’s shenanigans and tantrums have transformed it into a nation-wide problem,further alienating from the national political mainstream – and it could end up becoming an aberration or political joke if it does not behave like a mature democratic institution
. . . →Read More:The Nation’s Problems Unite:Muttahida Qaumi Movement ke Muttahida Qaumi Maslay-masaail!!
Models walk the ramp sporting creations by designers participating in Pantene Bridal Couture Week 2013 in Lahore.
. . . →Read More:Fashion Pakistan:PCBW in pictures
Fourteen Japanese and 18 overseas car-makers and motorbike manufacturers are participating in the Tokyo Motor Show. The 43rd motor show,held from November 20 to December 1,features domestic makers of passenger cars,commercial vehicles and trucks alongside most of their European competitors.
. . . →Read More:Tokyo Motor Show in pictures
By Zaheerul Hassan
On 10 November ISPR Spokesman Major General Asim Bajwa strongly condemned the irresponsible and misleading statements of Syed Munawar Hassan in a TV programme,declaring the dead terrorists like Hakimullah Mehsud and Baitullah Mehsud as shaheeds,whereas soldiers those who sacrificed their lives fighting against terrorism are not shaheed. Similarly JUIF leader . . . →Read More:Religious leaders or traitors?
Antibiotics aren’t doing what they’re supposed to do anymore. You know,kill infections. Since Alexander Fleming invented penicillin 75 years ago,nearly all bacteria have mutated into strains impervious to antibiotics. Those souped up bacteria now kill hundreds of thousands of people,at a minimum,each year. And according to a new . . . →Read More:Medicines to shorten the lives
India’s Mangalyaan spacecraft is built in India’s state-of-the-art construction facility in Banglalore
By Pallab Ghosh
The upcoming launch of a spacecraft to Mars by India is likely to stoke the fires of a burgeoning Asian space race.
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is making its final preparations to send an orbiter to . . . →Read More:Starving India’s Mars launch project
As the roads ‘disappear’,I realise I am close to Awaran tehsil,the centre of all the earthquake relief activities.
I see more trucks passing by,some empty,some laden with tents and sacks of food.
. . . →Read More:Awaran earthquake survivors’sufferings